|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1948 of 2298|
RULES OF EATING -- THE BRONX DIETER'S CREED
1. Never eat on an empty stomach.
2. Never leave the table hungry.
3. When traveling, never leave a country hungry.
4. Enjoy your food.
5. Enjoy your companion's food.
6. Really taste your food. It may take several portions to
accomplish this, especially if subtly seasoned.
7. Really feel your food. Texture is important. Compare, for
example, the texture of a turnip to that of a brownie.
Which feels better against your cheeks?
8. Never eat between snacks, unless it's a meal.
9. Don't feel you must finish everything on your plate. You can
always eat it later.
10. Avoid any wine with a childproof cap.
11. Avoid blue food.
-- The Bronx Diet, "Richard Smith"
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1949 of 2298|
Ruling a big country is like cooking a small fish.
-- Lao Tsu
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1950 of 2298|
If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1951 of 2298|
Russia has abolished God, but so far God has been more tolerant.
-- John Cameron Swayze
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1952 of 2298|
Ruth made a great mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week,
he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.
-- Tris Speaker, commenting on Babe Ruth's plan to change
from being a pitcher to an outfielder.
Cerf/Navasky, "The Experts Speak"
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1953 of 2298|
Make three correct guesses consecutively
and you will establish yourself as an expert.
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1954 of 2298|
Some people grow with responsibility -- others merely swell.
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1955 of 2298|
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1956 of 2298|
A sadist refusing to whip a masochist.
|Freebsd Fortunes 5: 1957 of 2298|
Beating a dead horse.