|Linux Definitions: 711 of 1105|
The solution to a problem changes the nature of the problem.
|Linux Definitions: 712 of 1105|
Penguin Trivia #46:
Animals who are not penguins can only wish they were.
-- Chicago Reader 10/15/82
|Linux Definitions: 713 of 1105|
A federally insured chain letter.
|Linux Definitions: 714 of 1105|
People's Action Rules:
(1) Some people who can, shouldn't.
(2) Some people who should, won't.
(3) Some people who shouldn't, will.
(4) Some people who can't, will try, regardless.
(5) Some people who shouldn't, but try, will then blame others.
|Linux Definitions: 715 of 1105|
One who makes his host feel at home.
|Linux Definitions: 716 of 1105|
A statement of the speed at which a computer system works. Or
rather, might work under certain circumstances. Or was rumored
to be working over in Jersey about a month ago.
|Linux Definitions: 717 of 1105|
A man who spends all his time worrying about how he can keep the
wolf from the door.
A man who refuses to see the wolf until he seizes the seat of
A man who invites the wolf in and appears the next day in a fur coat.
|Linux Definitions: 718 of 1105|
Peter's Law of Substitution:
Look after the molehills, and the
mountains will look after themselves.
Peter's Principle of Success:
Get up one time more than you're knocked down.
|Linux Definitions: 719 of 1105|
When you think you're going down for the third time --
just remember that you may have counted wrong.
|Linux Definitions: 720 of 1105|
(1) Trucks that overturn on freeways are filled with something sticky.
(2) No cute baby in a carriage is ever a girl when called one.
(3) Things that tick are not always clocks.
(4) Suicide only works when you're bluffing.