Freebsd Fortunes 6
fortune: 541 - 550 of 2171 from freebsd fortunes 6
Motd - Message of the Day
Humor, Quotes, Proverbs, Aphorisms... Ji Funda Jo Hai  
Daily Fortunes Feed Subscribe - Daily Fortunes - motd.ambians.com
Daily fortunes for your site
Sep 23, 2017
Motd Home     Daily Fortunes     Best of Fortunes     Worst of Fortunes

Freebsd Fortunes 6

Fortune: 541 - 550 of 2171 from Freebsd Fortunes 6

Freebsd Fortunes 6:  541 of 2171

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
        (1) write down the problem.
        (2) think very hard.
        (3) write down the answer.
                -- Murray Gell-Mann
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  542 of 2171

The Fifth Rule:
        You have taken yourself too seriously.
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  543 of 2171

The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusions.
                -- Maurice Chapelain, "Main courante"
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  544 of 2171

The finest eloquence is that which gets things done.
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  545 of 2171

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  546 of 2171

The first and almost the only Book deserving of universal attention is
the Bible.
                -- John Quincy Adams

All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated through this Book;
but for the Book we could not know right from wrong.  All the things desirable
to man are contained in it.
                -- Abraham Lincoln

... the Bible ... is the one supreme source of revelation of the meaning of
life, the nature of God and spirtual nature and need of men.  It is the only
guide of life which really leads the spirit in the way of peace and salvation.
                -- Woodrow Wilson
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  547 of 2171

The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it.
                -- Abbie Hoffman
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  548 of 2171

The first Great Steward, Parrafin the Climber, was employed in King
Chloroplast's kitchen as second scullery boy when the old King met a tragic
death.  He apparently fell backward by accident on a dozen salad forks.
Simultaneously the true heir, his son Carotene, mysteriously fled the city,
complaining of some sort of plot and a lot of threatening notes left on his
breakfast tray.  At the time, this looked suspicious what with his father's
death, and Carotene was suspected of foul play.  Then the rest of the King's
relatives began to drop dead one after the other in an odd fashion.  Some
were found strangled with dishrags and some succumbed to food poisoning.  A
few were found drowned in the soup vats, and one was attacked by assailants
unknown and beaten to death with a pot roast.  At least three appear to have
thrown themselves backward on salad forks, perhaps in a noble gesture of
grief over the King's untimely end.  Finally there was no one left in Minas
Troney who was either eligible or willing to wear the accursed crown, and
the rule of Twodor was up for grabs.  The scullery slave Parrafin bravely
accepted the Stewardship of Twodor until that day when a lineal descendant
of Carotene's returns to reclaim his rightful throne, conquer Twodor's
enemies, and revamp the postal system.
                -- Bored of the Rings, "Harvard Lampoon"
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  549 of 2171

The first guy that rats gets a bellyful of slugs in the head.  Understand?
                -- Joey Glimco, trade unionist
 
Freebsd Fortunes 6:  550 of 2171

The first guy that rats gets a belly-full of slugs in the head.
Understand?
                -- Joey Glimco
« Prev Random Freebsd Fortunes 6   Next »
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  150  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  162  163  164  165  166  167  168  169  170  171  172  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  180  181  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  206  207  208  209  210  211  212  213  214  215  216  217  218  Next »
Search [help]

About  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy & Disclosure
FreeBsd Quotes  |  Linux Quotes